Want to find the perfect painting contractor? Choosing a painting company for your project not only gives you the best finish possible, but it also should save you time and stress, not add to it. But how do you know with certainty that you are getting what you are paying for? Find out how by following some helpful guidelines on selecting the right painting company or painter. When hiring a painting contractor, there are a few things the Paint Quality Institute suggests you consider.
- Make sure that you inquire about insurance. Contractors should offer proof that they carry both general liability and workers’ compensation coverage. The former covers damages if something smashes through your or your neighbor’s window; the latter covers a worker who falls off the ladder. Some homeowner’s insurance coverage, particularly umbrella policies may cover those incidents, but the contractor’s policies should kick in first.
- Research should also be done either on the web or by asking potential contractors for recommendations from earlier customers. Another great suggestion is to inquire at your local paint store for contractors that they recommend. Most professional painters prefer to work with local suppliers, not the big home improvement stores. R & J Painting LLC is pleased that we have received many recommendations from our local Sherwin-Williams location.
- The Better Business Bureau is a popular way to find accredited and top-notch companies. Members of the BBB must adhere to strict standards, so you know their reputations are important to them. Accredited companies also pay a fee to BBB for their accreditation and monitoring, so BBB accreditation is a sign of commitment to quality. You can find R & J Painting LLC’s accredited BBB profile and BBB reviews here, https://www.bbb.org/chicago/business-reviews/commercial-painter/r-j-painting-llc-in-crystal-lake-il-90006029
- Ask the contractor if they have a picture portfolio of past jobs. Google is of course a great way to find a painting contractor. Visible to the public is not only reviews from past customers, but you are also able to view photos of the contractor’s work. You can find R & J Painting on Google directly here, http://goo.gl/qhAJhN
You can also view R & J Painting LLC’s testimonials and previous projects on Houzz by going to, https://www.houzz.com/pro/randjpaint/r-and-j-painting-llc
- Will the company that you decide to hire keep a clean work place? Experienced painting contractors understand it is important to keep your home neat and clean. At the end of every day, the painters should take the time to clean up all the areas in which they worked. You should not know that they were even there.
- Have a completed outline of the work that you believe needs to be done. That way, you can receive correct quotes.
- Ask companies to provide you with a detailed proposal outlining all points. If it is a challenge to get a written description of work to be completed along with costs to complete your project, things will probably get worse as you go to contract and the start of work.